SKYLINE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACADEMY
Position Title: Administrative Assistant/ Part Time
Salary Range: $14.00-$16.00hr, - 27 hours a week
FLSA: Classified Part time
Reports to: Executive Director
Prepared Date: April 17, 2017
Adopted: April 25, 2017
Assist Executive Director in preparing, managing, and implementation of financial affairs of the
Academy. Provide Administrative assistance to the Executive Director
Major Job Functions:
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of the Administrative Assistant
Position. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned
below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
• Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable function; creating revenue invoices, processing payments, and submitting accounts payable batches to the fiscal agent for payment; ensure that revenue and expenses are properly categorized.
• Submit tracked time and attendance to the fiscal agent for payment
• Assist the Executive Director in the preparation and management of the budget process, including creating reports, documenting expenses, tracking revenue and expenses, budget comparison, and tracking current fiscal year budget progress
• Facilitate audit
• Maintain and reconcile petty cash fund.
• Provide administrative support for the Executive Director, maintaining confidentiality at all
• Maintain office equipment and schedule maintenance as needed.
• Answer telephones, greet guests, instructors, vendors and others providing information while maintaining the proper degree of confidentiality.
• Assist in duties necessary for the Academy to run efficiently, including, but not limited to: ordering office supplies and uniforms, and arranging hotel accommodations for visiting instructors.
Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or some other
related field preferred. Experience above minimum may substitute for education.
Two years’ experience in an administrative setting Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required: Must have good administrative, communications, and people skills and maintain confidentiality when required. Must have a working knowledge of MS office products, specifically excel. Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Must be physically able to perform above duties. Physical requirements of this position will include sitting, standing, walking, talking and hearing with the occasional lifting of 20 pounds or less.